Welcome to Culinary Goodness!

The Savorys were founded by Almond, the man who moved away from his life in Riverview and bought a plot of land in Sunset Valley. Will he and his legacy make it through fifteen generations, with fifteen simmers telling their story?

Monday, September 6, 2010

Chapter Eight

Very early in the morning, I awoke to labor pains. My cries woke Jake up, who immediately grabbed a bag that was already packed, ready to go to the hospital. Jake drove a little faster than he probably should have, but we managed to get to the hospital just in the nick of time. We had wanted the sex of the baby to be a surprise, and we were hoping for a little boy.
I was in labor for over half of the day, but it was totally worth it. We were able to come home a few hours later with our brand new baby girl. Meet Rosemary Savory- all 7 lbs 2oz. of her. We fed her a bottle and put her to bed, as she seemed as exhausted as I from all the work we had just done. Although she is not the boy that we wanted, she is everything I could ask for. She is the apple of my eye.
Little did I know it, however, that as we were putting Rosie to bed that Mom was leaving us.
She seemed almost ready to go when she met Death.
Everyone else on the other hand, was not. I mean, I had just had my first child. She was never going to get to know my wonderful mom, her grandmother. What was I going to do? I was hoping to look to her for all of my answers on raising a child. How was I going to do this? Could I even do this now that she is gone?
Dad, understandably, was taking Mom's death harder than anyone else. She was the love of his life. Now, she's gone. She wasn't even 80 years old for Plumbob's sake! He hadn't even received gray hair. They were supposed to grow old together. Now, it seems, that everything has changed.
The years went by, and it seemed as though we all were finally getting over Mom's death. Rosie celebrated her birthday, and she turned into quite the cutie. She has my eyes, and I believe my mouth. Other than that, though, she has all of Jake's features.However, we still wanted a baby boy. We felt that Rosie was old enough to try for another baby, and soon found that we were expecting another baby. The months practically flew by. Dad took over the garden, Jack and Frenchie were busy working, and I was staying at home writing novels from time to time and taking care of little Rosie, and going over the pregnancy book Jack had bought me all those years ago.
I was playing with the dolls with Rosemary when I felt those all too familiar pangs in my abdomen. I rushed to the hospital with Jack and came home with Ambrosia at 7 and a half pounds.
I just hope that with Jake and French Toast working, and Dad working on the garden, that I can take care of these two little ones practically by myself. Jack is also considered an elder now, but that isn't stopping him from working. He wants to continue to build the family fund so our two beautiful girls can live a comfortable life growing up and not have to worry about a thing.

2 comments:

Jojo777 said...

Great chapter! Rosemary's cute!

I'm so excited to see them grow up, especially because I'll be taking them over :)

StyxLady said...

I love the girls' names! Rosemary is a cutie. Can't wait to see what Ambrosia looks like.

Post a Comment